Personal Injury

If you have been in a wreck in Harnett County, which includes the Dunn, Erwin, Angier, Lillington, Coats or Spring Lake areas you may be assured that someone from the insurance company has begun an investigation, and typically that includes figuring out a way to keep you from recovering what you may be lawfully entitled to recover which is part of my job. And depending on the case, I also handle cases in surrounding counties as well.
To meet with me in person, or have a brief telephone consultation call my office, 910-897-2105. If I don’t get a recovery for you, then I don’t require a fee.This may not include costs such as copying, and getting medical records. However, I typically don’t get those costs up front, even though my contract allows for it. As most attorneys, I generally charge a contingency fee of one third which means that I have the incentive to work hard to get a good recovery.
  Part of my practice is representing people who have been involved in a major accident, including transfer truck wreck cases. I have represented people who have been in car wrecks or automobile accidents on I-95 as they travel through Harnett County in the Dunn, NC area. My experience has been that you have to be willing to file a lawsuit and take your case to trial in order to convince the insurance companies to pay out a fair amount. The overwhelming majority of people only want a fair compensation.

Handling auto accident cases are difficult not only from the aggravation of dealing with carriers, but also in terms of the human loss and injury that can occur. People in car crashes have to miss work, are in pain, and sometimes don’t return to being their old selves.

One of the most difficult cases I have ever handled was helping a family who lost two sons and a daughter in a wreck with an 18 Wheeler transfer truck. In another case I represented the estate of an aspiring young man who lost his life as a result of a drunk driver. I have such admiration for those families and consider them as personal friends.

Depending on your condition, we will either meet in my office or I will come to see you where you will sign the paper work that gives me the authority to deal with the insurance company and get your medical records. I will then investigate the accident, including getting photographs and going to the scene of the accident. After your recovery from the accident, we will then begin the process of negotiating with the insurance carriers. However, it must be understood that simply being in a wreck does not give rise to a legal right of recovery. Before I take a case I determine whether or not you have a good case or not, and I determine if you are faking the injuries or not being honest.

After an accident it is important to take notes about the incident and document your injuries. Complex cases can take a year or more to resolve so having information to refer back to can be important to the success of your case. Write down as much as you can about the accident itself, your injuries and any other losses (such as wages) you have suffered as a result of the accident. Make sure to take notes of any conversations that you have with people involved in the accident or the injury claim. Do not talk with any representative from the insurance company or sign anything without first consulting an attorney.

If someone’s carelessness caused you harm, preserving any physical evidence of the incident and your injuries can greatly support your claim. Memory over time can fade and evidence is sometimes overlooked or misplaced, so it is important to do this as quickly as possible.
Make sure that you obtain and keep copies of all medical records pertaining to your injury. Keep copies of property damage estimates and repair records.

If a law enforcement officer responded to your accident, a police report was probably generated. You are entitled to this report and it can help document all details at the scene of the incident including the officer’s assessment as to who was at fault. This is also a good source of information in tracking down anyone who may have witnessed the accident.

PO Box 794
102-A South 12th Street
Erwin, NC 28339
Phone: (910) 897-2105

Steps to Take After an Accident

By contacting Timothy C. Morris, P.A., all of the information below will be done for you. Your only job will be to get better and stay in touch with our office.

We will ask that you sign a fee agreement, which will authorize us to deal with the insurance company on your behalf. 
We will ask that you sign medical authorizations, which will allow us to obtain your medical information and documents. 
We will obtain the police report. 
We will obtain pictures of the scene, your injuries and the automobiles, sometimes with your help. 
We will communicate with the adjusters and all attorneys involved in the case. 
We will prepare and explain all legal documents and the process of a lawsuit from beginning to end.